- The Singleton Showgirl Competition aims to find a young female Ambassador for Singleton and the agricultural show movement. The winning Showgirl will be required to attend many official and informal duties locally, such as the Australia Day Ceremony, public speaking throughout the year and presenting prizes for winners in agricultural events.
- The Showgirl Competition is definitely not a beauty pageant. Entrants must have a genuine interest in, and knowledge of, their local community, Singleton. The Competition encourages the participation and awareness of issues faced by women in rural communities.
- Contestants are judged on personality, confidence, ambition and life goals, general knowledge, rural knowledge, presentation and speech. Finalists must also demonstrate knowledge of their local community and current affairs. In addition to their potential ambassadorial qualities, contestants are also judged on their involvement in and experience of rural affairs.
- Today, contestants continue to be young rural women with purpose and ambition and the Competition plays a significant role in the overall development of rural youth, attracting strong support from entrants, sponsors and organisers.
- The Singleton Showgirl winner will compete in the Group 3, Hunter River Zone (comprising Bulahdelah, Cessnock, Dungog, Gosford, Gresford, Maitland, Merriwa, Morisset, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Singleton, Stroud). The winner of Zone goes on to compete at the Sydney Royal.
- Winner announced Friday 23rd September following the Offical Show Opening at 6pm
Singleton Show Young Woman 2022 - Olivia Lambkin